Citizen Posts
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
|
Electoral Commission is today 26th and tomorrow 27th February nominating candidates for the Kawempe North By-election set for 13th March 2025. The by-election has attracted over 10 candidates.
Among those set to be nominated is FDC’s Mukiibi Sadat alias Kalifah Agananaga, NRM’s Faridah Nambi, NUP’s Erias Luyimbaazi Nalukoola, DP’s Henry Kasacca Mubiru. The others include Moses Nsereko, Muhamad Luswa Luwemba who have defied NUP to stand as independent and Hanifah Karadi who has also defied NRM to stand as independent among others.
ADVERT: BUY HOSTING AND GET A FREE DOMAIN NAME, CALL OR WHATSAPP +256758201313
It may sound dramatic but police and other sister agencies have reportedly hijacked National Unity Platform’s candidate Erias Nalukoola around Kawempe Mbogo Mosque as he was heading to the nomination venue with his agents. The official agent was whisked away and all his nomination papers taken away.
Speaking to Media while processing new documents, Nalukoola revealed that his official agent was taken captive and all his documents including payment receipts of his nomination fee were all taken.
“What has been done this morning is very horrible, but we shall not surrender, we shall not abandon the nobel cause intended to cause democracy in Uganda. We want all peace loving people, those who believe in democracy to condemn what has been done by the regime of General Museveni, abducting my official agent, taking away all my documents which were meant to facilitate the process of nomination even after payment of nomination fee, all the receipts and other important documents have been taken by those men”-said a visibly disappointed Nalukoola
VIDEO: NUP Candidate Elias Nalukoola says his agent was allegedly abducted and his official documents that were supposed to facilitate him in today’s Kawempe North by-election nomination process have been taken.#NBSUpdates pic.twitter.com/4h41EiyRAk
— NBS Television (@nbstv) February 26, 2025
The Kawempe North seat in parliament fell vacant after the death of Honorable Muhammad Ssegirinya alias Mr. Update on 13th January 2025 who had been in an out of hospital since 2021.
If you have a story in your community or an opinion article, let’s publish it. Send us an email via news@accord.co.ug or WhatsApp +256758201313. Follow our WhatsApp Channel HERE and our Telegram Channel HERE to see more of our stories